View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BigSexyHunter* View Post
***If you all really want to know im a 4th Class Power Engineer (Started in grade 11) making $5500 a month after taxes. (Plus incentives, bonuses, etc.) I'm at a very stable company and position within my company. And this wage is an entry level wage. Im not usually one to say my wage but you all kinda asked for it. Im not some kid that has had everything handed to him on a silver platter.***

I rent a nice acreage in the country with a roommate-keeping my rent costs down.

I also own my own car, boat, quad, guns.... All without any financial family help.

I wanted a new truck because I can afford a new truck. (Or so I thought lol) I have worked my butt off for the reason of being able to live completely independent from my parents, and living very comfortably at that, all at the age of 18. With no Debt. AND with money being put into a RSP Mutual Fund.

Also-What does my name have to do with anything?
A very wise man once told me it is not what you make, it is what you spend. I have not owned a new vehicle since I was 21, and never will. There is no way I will pay for that depreciation. I have not had collision insurance on a vehicle since I was 24, when my last new vehicle was paid off.

Buy used and save the difference. Heck, buy a 3 year old used one for cash. After a month, who can tell the difference?

As far as when do vehicles have problems? It depends, on what they are and how they were used. I have a van currently with 250k on it. It runs well, but the one power door lock doesn't work. Oh, and the rear windshield wiper. It might be good for another 12k or 100K. It doesn't matter.. I've been driving it for 3 years now, and the amount I paid for it was less than half of your insurance quote. All I have done is a wheel alignment, oil changes and a set of tires.

It is not what you earn. It is what you spend.