View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I have been meaning to do a brisket on my Bradley. I would love to try your amazing South Carolina recipe. Do your think the recipe would also work well on a green egg?
I will write it out and put it on here for your people, as for the green egg, they are too much work for me when doing a brisket but I have friends that swear by them, a brisket ( for me ) is an 18 to a 22 hour smoke depending on the size so if you can get the egg to hold 220 ish all night then it's all good but I suspect you'll be getting up lots. As for a Bradley, they are perfect for holding temp and the smoke can be shut down after three hours but hard to do a full sized brisket because they are too big and the smoke/heat can't get by the brisket to the stack and they tend to cook from the bottom up. A smaller brisket, maybe just the flat cut to size, but without the cap you lose a lot of taste and basting fat, it's just not the same but still good. I have cut a full brisket in half for the Bradley, not the best but better than just the flat. Watch your smoke on the Bradley, if you smoke more than three hours it will compound on itself and turn bitter, same for all water/electric/propane smokers. The egg or any smoker that uses wood for the Heat are not an issue as the smoke is not nearly as concentrated.