View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I was having really bad problems for a while now, so bad sometimes I was scratching till I bled...no, not cooties. I have been using a really good quality shampoo and conditioner for 30 years, with tea tree oil in it, and never had issues really, but found out it was the issue...it was drying my scalp out something fierce (using it daily). Tea tree oil will strip the natural oils right out of your scalp for sure, and will dry it out. And I think as you get older, you stop producing as much natural oils...so that's why it is a fairly recent (6 months) development for me.

I tried using mint oil on my scalp, which kinda helped, and witchhazel, and few other things, but nothing was a 'cure' . Then, the best advice I got was...stop using any shampoo at all, just warm or hot water and a good scalp massage during shower, a cold rinse if you can handle it. Restores natural oils, but you don't have to look 'greasy'. I use the shampoo maybe once a week, and it has made a huge difference, my scalp is pretty much healed up. Part of the problem too, is how hard our water is, and it maybe doesn't rinse the shampoo good enough either.

It's free to try.
Since this COVID-19 has been going. I also haven’t been showering as often (wife hates it..lol...), however my skin is better, less dry. With more natural oils. You maybe onto something....