View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Sure would make finding the release sites easier to find.

However your incorrrect an app could make it very easy to find them. We do a lot of preseason scouting using apps such as google earth and cross referencing it to WMU and landowner maps. That app comes in very handy when we are in the field and want to see if we can find somewhere we may want to hunt elsewhere. It’s like a GPS that’s much more user friendly and has more features.
As I posted, phone apps can make is easier to find locations, but the OP used the word "essential" in his original post, and phone apps are definitely not essential to hunt successfully. I do all of the scouting for our waterfowl group, and I always find good fields and find the landowners to obtain permission without a phone app. I also do my big game scouting without a phone app, and I always seem to do okay at finding game animals. I do use my phone to find locations in the city, and for some highway travel, but again, it makes things quicker and easier, but it isn't essential, as I managed before I had a cell phone. In fact anyone over 40 years old managed before smart phones and phone apps were available . The year before last year, myself and another AO member helped a friend on his moose hunt. He was using IHunter, so I have seen it in use, and it seemed to be handy, but I happen to prefer paper county maps that I can mark up and write notes on as I scout. Every year , I obtain a new county map , but I still refer back to previous years maps/notes in some cases.