View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova316 View Post
That's good to hear I'm not the only one, this was my first year hunting and got myself a yearling. A tiny buck that I thought was a doe. Very proud I was capable of doing it, sad at the same time. Shot it through both lungs and dropped it instantly. Not a big trophy buck but it's a delicious deer and lots of time learning from friends how to butcher and clean it. I did enjoy the whole package of hiking to my locations, enjoying the sunrise and sunset, and peaceful quiet time to myself. Completely makes sense why it's easy to love it, just to get away from everything. Definitely won't be my last year, still plenty to learn and experience.

But congrats to the OP on your first deer as well, sounds like quite the experience!
Congrats on your deer as well!

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. In years to come I will add challenges to my hunts (read, be more selective), but I will certainly never forget my first deer.

It's a weird feeling not having a deer tag in my pocket still. I set aside all my free time this month to go hunting, it will be nice to get out for some grouse and hares before December (since, historically I've been focused on deer until the 30th). Hopefully I'll come across those coyotes again too, there are a lot out there for sure.

I promote environmental conservation.