Thread: Bloodless doe
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 10:23 AM

Default Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight01 View Post
I’ve seen “no blood” kills a few times. A couple 243 kills that had no exit and blood just filled the cavity and even a 270 with no exit that was a tad high in the lungs. All animals died within 100 yards
Had they ran further it would have been hard tracking. Only frosty frozen ground to follow tracks.

If your hunting style is still hunting or stand hunting inside 150 yards a 45/70 puts a good hole through them with adequate blood trail. Also 444 marlin and 44magnum carbines.

Although all the animals I’ve shot have died I’ve been moving all my rifles over to bonded bullets with high SD to try for an exit wound. Monolithic bullets may be in my future.
Hunting all over nfld,The 30-06 was the go to rifle-and numerous moose and caribou were harvested.In AB the deer quickly became,the quarry of choice.With more time for target and gong ---The 6.5 creedmoor,serves well as a target and hunting rifle.The 143gr eld-x --hornady--was the 1st bullet choice.But to this point maybe not the best.And will explore the possibilty if there are better.Monolithic also got my attention.