View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 07:15 PM

Default Anyone been to chain lakes south recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedCaper View Post
We opted to bump my buddies first outting to this weekend for a little warmer temps. If we go to chain I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bud. It’s blowin snow here (East of Calgary) pretty good so it’s probably history now.
(50.2010582, -114.1971476)
50°12'03.8"N 114°11'49.7"W
https://goo.gl/maps/KwxMuujZTiN2

is where it should be around. The popular area straight out from the launch and on the west end of the bunch.
Most of the people were fishing close to the shore just north of the launch, on either side. About 20 ft of water. Water was too cloudy for the camera, but we did get a 4in sucker on a JJ, and put down one of everything I had to offer. Power bait nibbles, chunks, putty, Velveta, Shrimp of course, meal worms, trout worms, and maggots.

We didn’t get out there till noon and from my memory and trout knowledge the early morning is by far the best time. Would have been nice to get one. I was half hired guide, half MMA referee, ugh.

We left just after sunset and seen 2 deer on the 22 closer to Longview, so keep your eyes peeled.