View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBI View Post
A poor hungry guy with no arms goes into a church and goes up to the preacher and says " I understand you're looking for a new bell ringer, and I'd like to apply for the job"

The preacher looks at the man and says ' My son, I know that the good Lord works in mysterious ways, but I'm not sure I can consider you for the job . With no arms, I don't know how you could possibly pull the ropes that ring the bells ."

" Fair enough, " the man says " But what if I can make them ring another way", " I really need this work ".

"Not sure what you have in mind " replies the preacher , " but I'll hear what you have to say ".

The guy goes on to explain to the preacher that he can go up into the bell tower, and can make the bells ring by slamming his head into the bells , and that he's sure that he can do a good job.

Still a little unsure, the preacher agrees to give the man a chance, " Ok you came on back on Sunday , and give it a try "

So on Sunday, the bells are ringing out loud as people are coming to church .

But the guy while doing so well at the bells , trips as he's diving out at a bell and flys right out of the tower and falls to his death on the ground .

A few of the churchgoers rush up to see him , " Oh my god, what a terrible thing , one lady says ..." Does anyone know his name "

An older gentleman steps forward and says ... " Don't know his name ...

But his face sure rings a bell " ...
There's a followup to this. To make it short:

A second armless fellow approaches the preacher for the same job. Same thing happens, he misses the bell and falls to his death. People gather around and the same older gentlemen says.... "dont know his name, but hes a dead ringer for the other guy"