View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
No way I'm blaming Koskinen for that game, he was solid overall. If they fold after a goal like that, they've got no business playing in the NHL. I'd love for him to make that save for sure, but one goal in the first period on a laser of a shot does not cost you a game, and it's not 1-0, it's 7-0 after the 2nd if he doesn't stand on his head.

Fleury was good, but what I saw was some incredibly bad puck luck last night. They Oilers dominated the first and had their chances in the 3rd. If those early posts go in or they find a way to put one of the many scoring chances and net front scrambles in the 3rd into the net, it's a very different game. They're not gonna win them all, some nights it's just not going to go your way.

I really like the adds by Holland, and you can see the potential, but injecting three new guys into the lineup at once is definitely mucking with mojo.
Having a couple days at home to practice is going to be huge.

They really need to get healthy and find some chemistry. The Yamo injury is far more damaging than I thought it would be, man he is a "game changer", and neither Nurse or Bear is a true PP D man, no Klefbom is really hurting our PP. Here's hoping AA's injury isn't serious and that Yamo is back sooner than expected like they were hinting.
100% agree with everything you said.

What I was getting at was that they were on second half of back to back and came out hard and had some bad puck luck. Kosk letting in that very weak goal really changed the course of the game. I totally agree that 1 goal does not a game make, but letting in that one will most definitely make the team in front of him grip the stick a little harder.

BH