View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevDawg View Post
I sincerely appreciate everyone's feedback.
Pardon my ignorance, I've hunted for a few 10ish years but haven't had the opportunity to shoot many different rifles.

Why does it seem like a lot of guys **** on muzzle-brake's?
I understand they are louder but if they help reduce recoil and flinching whats the big deal?

Also the set trigger?

Seems to me it would be really nice to have a super light trigger?
Is this not worth or a good idea for hunting?
I currently have a Ruger M77 MKII and it has a very heavy trigger.
The thought of a light trigger seem like a relief to me.

I appreciate feedback. I enjoy both sides of the opinions.
I can't vouch for everyone but I can give you my opinion. Muzzle brakes are a touchy subject for some mostly due to the excessive increase in noise. Often while hunting in the heat of the moment hearing protection can be forgotten and a muzzle brake can cause some terrible damage.
As for the set trigger I would say that it all depends on the style of hunting you are doing. If you sit in a stand where you have time to set the trigger and settle into the rifle for a shot it is an excellent choice. If you walk through bush to hunt often things happen quickly and taking time to set the trigger can mean the difference between making a shot or not.
I personally like a 2.5-3lb single stage trigger on my hunting gun it's light enough that I don't have to yank on it to get it to go off but heavy enough that I can feel it with gloves on when hunting in cold temps.

For my coyote pics @trophy_country_coyotes on instagram

life's too short to fish nymphs