View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Bullets play a way bigger role than cartridges, match your bullet to your muzzle velocity, stick within its recommended velocity and let it do its work. Stinky did the math then did the job with a 123gr bullet, I think that speaks for itself.

Now I hope you and your grandson take that 6.5 Creedmoor out and start filling the freezer!
I bought tags for Ontario and never even made it that way,i have ten days left so I may get out for a day or two,someone in my family is not well so I am spending as much time to keep him cheered up because he won't see next fall,but I will,it's just a hunt which hopefully I have many years to keep at it and thank god every day for this.

.My friend has some black angus beef,so I can go hammer one of those and still fill my freezer if my trigger finger gets itchy.

The cm is the kids and I will use my swede if I do some heavy bush hunting and my 7mm or 300wn if I am out in some big openings ,been using all 3 for over 45 years with great results so why change something that works for me.

95 percent of all my kills are one shot deals over 4 decades with what I use,so how much better do I want it.

As for the Grendel it may be good for some and not for others just like any other cartridge or bullet.,but we all use what we feel confident with ,but the main thing is to enjoy the hunt the memory's and just do your own deal.

Whatever your shooting is up to every hunter out there,i am not going to debate any cartridge or bullet size that some one else is shooting,the only debate is what I put in my truck before I head out.I wear my own kinda hat no matter what it is.

Every one hunt safe and enjoy your season.CHEERS

JD