View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty9 View Post
Not sure I make sense of the poll. Why no cutthroat? They're in lakes as well...

To your question in your post; yes, species does matter when I am planning a trip. I like to fit in a variety of species during the season, from arctic grayling to cutts to stocked rainbows.

As for stocked species, I like them all. I end up fishing for rainbows because that's the most common fish stocked. So I do enjoy fishing for other species in stillwaters like brookies, browns, and tigers. Nice to see AEP stocking more browns and tigers recently.

Bottom line; I like variety. More often than not, species is a function of location, and that is a function of whether I am doing a day trip from Edmonton or going overnight.
No cutthroats because list is stocked non natives only. Rainbows basically non natives stocking yet natives are coming.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin