View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
Why would anybody fence a hole in a sewage lagoon? Do people actually walk around on sewage lagoons for some type of recreation? Of course they were laughing.

I am starting to think the best fishing and hunting opportunities in the future will come out of the private sector. If enough people are willing to pay for something it will be done. High fence Elk hunting with a man made lake for those who like to fish artificial trout habitat like police outpost.

We need to move forward and start utilizing a user pay system for all non essential services. If it's recreational the users need to fund it.
We already have an a working examples of a private paid fishing opportunities. They are often over subscribed for members.
Some of them are operated illegally like the Palmer Ranch operation which is located on a tributary to the Waterton. The Ranch does not follow closures.
There have been failures. One near Acme and another located west of Cochrane.
I suspect that a fee for fishing any public waters in Alberta will be loudly condemned by AF&G.

As far as areation waters being open. There are no reason people will not walk wherever they wish.
After living in Alberta for 75 years I’m never shocked by stupid.