View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_wiesel View Post
silver labs IMHO are just as good as black, chocolate or yeller labs I really like the white labs as well and isn't there a fox red lab too????
they can come in quite a few different shades
all in the same litter
just like a white boxer
the colour don't make them any better or worse then any other
its just the breed has kept up a standard and now the genetics of different shades are showing up more and more
nothing wrong with them at all , I like the difference especially the lighter or white ones,
I think a white one would be great to have in spring snow goose season
I just came across that read and thought it was interesting, and thought I would share it that all my intention was, wasn't to knock them down
sorry if I offended you

We have a red fox version...2 years old now and by far and away the greatest dog I've ever had. We've had many types of purebreds, and mutts.
He was the runt of the litter, and we're just fine with that. #1 priority/hope for us with a lab puppy was that he'd be an awesome family dog. Bonus if he was able to grasp some upland and duck hunting.
Our guy was never trained, either than what I tried to teach him through some videos I watched. We did one obedience class, involving the wife.

He's a champ with waterfowl. He's Ok with upland, but not even close to pointing. He'll retrieve anything and everything.

Most important: he's laying beside us on the couch and bed every night. Rarely barks, amazing with kids, and smart as all hell. If I pull the camo and guns out, he stares a hole through me until we get in the truck.

Apologies for the long reply, but I'm in the group of people who couldn't care what colour my lab is. He's not going to the Westminister Dog Show @ MSG any time soon.