View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:19 AM

This is our study and if it fails it will because we trappers didn't step up. However that's not happening, we are having good results. This study was brought about by the ATA and the ACA, (who have proved to be a friend to the trappers), because of the concerns you guys are stating.

Gordy is probably right. There will be an element inside of ASRD who would see the wolverine as a charasmatic species and not above using them to accomplish their own agenda. So what else is new?

Well what's new is instead of being run over by that agenda we're doing the research needed to start finding out the true story of wolverines in Alberta.

As a trapper I do not want to trap any animal that is in trouble but I am convinced we have a sustainable population and the present quota system is not based on science, and we're doing a poor job of wolverine management. Many traplines could sustain increased harvest.

We all logically know that habitat change is the biggest threat to wolverines not trappers. I'd suggest that trappers fill out the basic survey but add in what ever additional information you'd like. Track locations or sightings would be awesome.

Thanks for all the interest and a big thanks to everyone who has filled in the survey. Heres the pic of the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gulo Feb 25.jpg (53.7 KB, 586 views)