View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 10:23 PM

I was recently doing a little research on this ....

Bosch Benchmark are made in Germany - about $2500 - these are the top of the line

The US made 300 thru 800 series Bosch are what most people see in big box stores - they seem to be a better than most and are still quiet and reliable - so at a price point of around $1000 they aren't cheap, but for an appliance not too bad really in the long run. Seems on almost every review they are right at the top or close to the top from what I seen - which mirrors my own experience with these. Not sure what model we had in our last home - but the inside was stainless, racks were solid, it was really quiet and got the dishes clean.

We also had a Meile, a Bosch as mentioned and now a higher end Blomberg and these were all great machines. Not sure about the lower end Blombergs, but the one we have is troubke free and in the same ballpark as the other machines.

The Bosch was the quietest and the Meile seemed to be the fastest and got the dirtiest dishes the cleanest. All great machines.

Have not had or tried the Whirlpool, Kenmore kinda stuff for many years but our first few homes had these and they were noisy and you ha to clean the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher which seems stupid to me. Maybe these brands are better now? I dunno. No recent experience with these brands.

So - in essence I agree Bosch is great. Meile or Bosch Benchmark if you have the budget for it.

I won't recommend the Bolmberg because I have never heard of it before we bought this house an have no idea if parts are available (I believe these come from the UK). Our has, however, been great.

Last edited by EZM; 10-29-2021 at 10:30 PM.