View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 08:39 PM

Had a Maytag that I loved, but the lower rack was brutal. 4 snap on pairs of wheels supported the rack. But the push pins that served as keepers and axles would shrink with heat and use and the individual wheels would fall off and melt against the bottom element.
Each pair of wheels were about $45-So to get the rack to close and slide properly was closing in on $200 with tax just for the parts.
Eventually the wash pump piled up after 5 years.

Overall it cleaned quickly and spotlessly, but slightly loud.

Replaced it with a mid-level Bosch and regret it every day. If I toss a salad with a Caesar dressing in a stainless bowl. It cannot be put in the machine unless I hand wash it first. If I rinse it with hot water and put it in the Bosch, it comes out essentially as I put it in. Couple with the frustration of wet dishes as there is no drying element means this will be the last Bosch I would purchase even though it is somewhat quieter than the Maytag. The Bosch cycles are excessively long but reputed to be long so they save energy

Rinse agent usage is off the charts even though I eventually programmed for less use. I get 5- 6 uses between fills.

Last edited by omega50; 10-28-2021 at 08:52 PM.