View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
I have been getting critters mounted my entire adult life starting when a full mount of a red fox was $35 and the same with a flying mount of my first goose.

My house is totally full now and except for a blue goose ($1,100 Ouch) a few years ago - I have not had anything mounted for at least five years and that includes safaris in Botswana, Zambia, Namibia and South Africa. (I love Africa, obviously)

Most of the animals in my living and dining room were shot by my lady. These include a really big kudu, waterbuck, wart hog, zebra pedestal, bison European mount, eland and big bull elk on pedestal mounts. Impala, also.

She was commenting on how the eland and the bull elk were taking up so much space in the living room.

I told her that I paid for the safaris, the airfares, the taxidermy and she shot the beasts so I really was not a villain here.

No regrets on getting these animals a place of honor in my house to stir up the wonderful memories of days of yesteryear.

But what happens to them when I go on the final adventure of no return? My family does not want them.

Who would want someone's ivory or bown bear rug, big horn ram, or even a full mount of a red fox or Canada goose that are both about 50 years old?
Dang that's quite the collection. You're right about what to do with the stuff when you're gone tho.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk