View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Us? Mouse in your pocket?

My solution? Get rid of the excess animals. Have a draw and let people in there to kill them, with no preference to race or religion. If you're an Alberta resident, pay the draw fee and enter.

I'm not opposed to shooting the animals, but there is no way I consider shooting elk, or any animal for that matter in a pen, to be hunting. It's just killing animals because there's not enough food in the pen to feed them all.
I've hunted areas that have a relatively high number of animals, but never one so high that there is not enough food to feed them, not even close. That has to give you an idea of what the animal per square mile ratio is. If I were a betting man, I'd say the odds of filling your elk tag inside the fences of elk island park would be somewhere between 100%-100%, providing you actually show up.
Good start Kurt. Couple posts back you were sneering at people that would hunt there, and now you say let them "kill" them if drawn. Make up your mind.
P.S... Kill is correct, but Harvest sounds better to the public and Anti's. We are not talking about gopher's here.