View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedcatcher View Post

Oh please. If you catch a fish that big, then you're going to be holding it [probably like Mr. Christy did with his arm] and taking pics. Where does the slime go then? You're very concerned about the well-being of these fish, so I suggest you not hurt them at all. Don't fish. When you put a big hook into it and haul it up, you're not TICKLING it!

It's not a big deal to mark an oversized hole. You're more concerned about the slime on the fish than a kid going under the ice. Give your head a shake.

Some people.

Quite a lot of jerks on here.

It's called 'having consideration for others' and it's not a difficult concept. Cut your big holes, Fine. But MARK THEM WHEN YOU'RE DONE! It's only gonna take you a couple seconds to pile some tall snow around it or put in a stick or something.

Get rid of the 'Don't tell me what to do" attitude. You'd think this was an American forum.
Shake your own head or learn how to read. Don't go all high and mighty on me unless you know what you are talking about. Read my post and tell me where I was advocating the use of large troughs or not filling these types of holes in.

That's right, it isn't there. I never said I wasn't concerned about oversized holes. I was talking about using a proper sized hole to not do unnecessary harm to the fish. I don't think a double hole is a big deal but a 24" square is a different story.

For the record I wet my hands and support the fish under the belly with a wet hand to minimize the slime removal and lend support to the internal organs. I also use a 10" hole when Pike fishing which was what my post was about. This way they don't bugger up the inards as they are squeezing out of the hole.

Some people.

Quite a lot of jerks on here. (see how easy that fits into this post too)