View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedcatcher View Post
As soon as you leave, then a family may unknowingly come into that region. Dad scouts around for any dangers, but doesn't see your double hole, because its not marked. 3 year old kid is wandering while Dad is fighting a big pike. OOPS. Kid falls all the way in, and his wet snow clothes prevent him from being able to free himself. Dead kid. If it was marked, then Dad would have seen it, and more actions could be taken to prevent the catastrophe. If it was just a single hole, then kid gets a wet boot and screams for a while. No biggie.
Please . . . that dad is too busy with the freakin' fish to notice anything. Who would bring his/her three-year-old out on the ice without a dedicated supervisor? Are people really that stupid? Do you even have kids, or are you just making up crap to prove your point?

And yes, I have kids (two and seventeen). Yes, I'd drill a big double hole. Would I mark it? Depends on whether or not something is laying around that would allow me to.

BTW: I've got a phrase to describe your little scenario: "Natural Selection."

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.

Last edited by DarkAisling; 12-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.