View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
Hmm, touchy subject. I should just stay away from this one but nah, I love a good debate.

I'm newer to icefishing and this is my plan.
Single holes, even doubles connected together(6 or 8") I do not plan to mark as I agree with some posters, they freeze up very very fast and I simply don't see danger there.
Anything bigger than that I plan on marking. I could see a couple 10-12" connected holes taking a lil longer to freeze up. That's big enough for me to see potential danger there and it takes lil time to mark it with a big ol pile of snow or branches where available. Not gonna touch on the kiddie thing but I simply don't want anyone/anything hurting themself/itself over tripping in me holes. That's just me though
However, when I invest in an icesaw and drill 2 holes 6 feet apart and saw inbetween them so I have a nice big long hole I'm gonna mark em really good, just haven't decided what's the best way to do it. I only plan to cut these holes on ice where vehicles are not permitted as I could see that being a large hazard. Fortunately for me, most lakes I fish have ample trees and such around so marking them will be easy I reckon.
That's just my 2 sense. Be gentle on me
Cheers n GL all!

I'm thinking a cattle guard would work great. I have a 16 footer for sale.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand