View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Most of my research says basically forget about calories and just focus on keeping carbs as low as possible. If you are hungry, eat...< the general jist of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
I’ve been eating Keto for about 4.5 months now. I weighed 265 pounds when I started. And I now weigh 216lbs. I feel amazing! I’ve dropped my blood pressure about 15-20 points on both the systolic and diastolic. I no longer suffer through heartburn, most of my aches and pains have disappeared. Cravings for sugar and carbs are pretty much gone. I also use intermittent fasting almost daily, and most days I have to force myself to eat my first meal. It’s not a “diet” it’s a lifestyle change. If you make sure you’re getting all the proper nutrients and minerals, you can eat this way forever. I plan to! I mean obviously there will be a day every so often when I may cheat. Like birthdays, or Christmas, etc. But I actually enjoy this way of eating much more than a standard North American diet!
That’s basically what I’m doing. Just making sure I don’t go over my calorie goal for the day. The goal being set that I lose 2lbs/week. I do keep the carbs low but I wouldn’t say I’m in Ketosis. If I want to eat something with carbs but it fits into my daily range I do it. I’m never starving and feel satisfied when I do eat. My way works, I just want to make sure there isn’t something out there that is way better. Maybe what I do is considered Keto Lite