View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakoShooter View Post
I'm a bit curious how some of you would approach the following scenario.

I was in the local CT and browsing the guns, as I always do, when I noticed a Browning AB3 hunter (wood stock) listed for $1,249.00. Obviously it's a mistake, and I let a sales person know and advised that they should talk to their manager about it. Well, I've been back a couple of times, let another sales know, and nothing has changed, so today I asked to speak to a manager.
Long story short, he insists that the pricing is correct since the SKU on the tag gives him that price in the system...

Am I being a busybody? Clearly they don't care that some unsuspecting customer could overpay by approximately double for a budget class rifle. The tag even says AB3 on it, and it's next to an AB3 synthetic listsed at $600 less, and an x-bolt stalker listed at $300 less. I find it to be personally extremely frustrating dealing with this sort of obstinacy.... no informed customer will ever pay, but a first time hunter might.

After three conversations, the last with a manager, I'm not sure what recourse I have. Better business bureau? I know.... caveat emptor.... I for sure will think twice before spending money at that store after this experience.
While I don’t think you can really force them to do anything about it, I agree they have some major pricing errors in their firearm and ammo department. I actually had a very similar experience recently at the manning location. Went to see if they had any federal 30-06 180gr TBT ammo, as cabelas was out. Well they had it, but the price showed $73. I asked the sales person to check the price as that must be an error, and they checked in the computer and said nope it’s right. Well I let them know whoever is doing their pricing is obviously making mistakes, as the 308 version was a more reasonable $55, which the 30-06 should be the same or close at least. The magnum calibres were in the $75 range so no reason 30-06 should be.

Anyways they priced matched cabelas $52 price. But I talked to the manager and explained they must have someone doing the pricing and making mistakes, as a couple months ago we came across a bunch of seriously over priced firearms as well. And I’m sure it’s someone making mistakes, as most of the ammo and guns are usually in ball park typical prices, just random ones being way over, like they are being mistaken for other models.

Doesn’t hurt to let them know what’s going on, Hopefully it leads to more competitive pricing.