View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Very nice indeed. I'd like to hear the stories behind the other two kills. Interesting for sure.
The 79.6 was just over 300 yards like I said got a rib on either side and found it up against the skin on a big cow elk. 78.9 I **** a 5x5 bull at a 100 yards got a rib on the entire rib and part of the shoulder on the exit found that one again resting up against the skin. 77.4 was a two year old bull moose that one went between the ribs in entry got a rib and destroyed the front leg bone probably why it’s a little deformed. It was down in a valley quartering away. I’ve shot a few more elk and another moose with them only to find a hole on either side of the animal. To say I’m a fan of these is an understatement lol.

It leaves terminal damage on critters I wouldn’t hesitate to shot the biggest of moose with them. Dad and I hand load them in our .243 .270 and 300wsm’s. We shot a mountain caribou in northern BC a few years ago with the 300 165gr GMX my bull flipped right over dead and slid down the mountain. Dads bull managed to go about twenty yards before pilling up in some willows.