View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 06:33 AM

I hear yha Dale, my middle age pal bought a new 308 auto Remmy back in 1967, then picked up his 700 BDL 30-06 a short time after that. He will own both of them till the end game,,, his fav is the Odd-6 for Moose mostly, and other game as well.

An idea came too me many years ago when re-loading rounds for many different calibuers, might of been that I had too many on the go, Ha.

I needed to thin out the workings back then, so I picked 22, 243, 308, 300 mag.

Those fire arms I choose coved all the critters I need to harvest, some how Black powder and bow ended up in my hands too.

I could of picked 17, 257, 30-06, 338 or 223, 260, 7mm mag, and 375 H&H.

Having 100's of fire arms at the time give me many paths too choos from, but it was too much for my needs, I thined house and picked what I picked.

This round will be 22, 30-06, Smoke pole, and bow.
That's lots for my plinking stuff.

PS: When Less is more sets in, one feels free'er and less stress of too much going on. Less toys, vehicals, tractors, cows, sleds, and quads... We as humans some times gather too much. "Nothing wrong with that either if it floats your boat".

Just not now that the years have passed and other ideas come along to spend my time. Lone wolf travel, a couple of trucks, 2 rubber tire units for back woods, part time fishing & game harvest,,, and lots of coffee deep in the back woods by a big tree of shade along a running creek or lake where I can rest the day away...

I'm on my 100th + outing since Jan 2016 across Alberta and BC, so I need too up the game plan 7 X's if I'm going too catch my normal record, Ha.

When they came out with the story alone in the wild, I soon realized this is where I best fit into "my" grove.

Pal Don at half way point on Mountain sight seeing from above.