View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 09:46 AM

The thing that got me onto the Odd-6 was this reading from the US Army Core of shooters.

The 30-06 came all ways in development in the M-1 Gradde days, and some how it ended up getting punted when the 7.62/ 308 came out.

Many country's around the world took on this new cartrage that was lighter in re-coil, smaller more compact rifle in 308, and could do "most" every thing the 30-06 could do,,, but when it come too long range the Odd-06 became the sniper rifle at the time.

It was soon replaced by the big magnums at the end. At home here in America the Odd-6 became a hunting rifle, better bullets, advanced powders, better styling in gun stocks, and added scopes for the general public that jumped on board. "Some folks" remained with iron sights for bush hunting and could take out Moose with the 180 or 200gr easy. Up close or at distance the Odd-6 filled that gap.

Bigger better, fast started too take over, and the 270 cal was selling like hot cakes across America,,, but some how the Odd-6 plugged along to where we are at today...

The old school cartrage made the target shooting papers for many years as it faded away, today it is hardly mentioned since other bullets filled that gap,,, but sure enought the little train that could is making head way since todays powders, primers, cases and bullet selection allows each person too load for their needs,,, this can be done on all calibers too.

There will be a good story too tell when pictures of good times show up on this forum about the simple old school that has been here for years.

By that time I should have my buto correter fix-ed-er-ed. Ha.

Pal Don at trying something old that is new.