View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 09:19 AM

Bingo 284, there are 1000's of good write-ups on the 30-06,,, and many other fine calibers out there. Ha dam auto correct is not working.

I finished up years back with the mighty 308 mid weight rifle that done me good, yet for some reason I found my self loading too max too get the exrta punch out of it on the thick-skins, so this is where the 06 comes in.

"They say" it packs an extra 150 ft-sec in the larger bullets, and ruffly a few ft-per-second with longer barrle, the remmy's I looked at were mostly in the 22" , but they have the 24" & 26" in stock too.

The SPS stain-less is very light, so adding the extra inches will tame it down a fraction. "Not by much", but every bit helps on the middle age body parts, Ha. I ain't getting any younger.

So I get a bit more fight from bullets out of it from the 08 days.
Don't have too load max too either.
The cases go threw the re-loading dies so smooth.
By not over loading/ streching brass like the full chage 308 will save time and energy on my arm, Ha.

Like I mentioned above is that I realy liked the 243, 270, 308, and 30-06 for all my uses over the years, and all have done me gooder too.

This re-turn to the 06 fits the bill for me hands down as it fills all the catagory's of light to mid weight game,,, "odd time a heavy weight", and will allow me to plink at the range with out burning ton's of powder, and wearing down the body.

Put the thunder onto the critters when needed, and load down for the relaxing days.

If I get it right, I won't have to adjust the optics too much, LOL. No big deal since its all in the sport of good times and fun.

Pal Don who is a ADS dude with many pals over there. Always a good guy, Ha.