View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
Xbolt, sounds like your thoughts of a Trager are the same as mine... LOL
Covey, unless you have the XL or XXL Green Egg, good luck getting a whole brisket on your egg. I was in BBQ Galore yesterday killing time and was looking at the Eggs, Salesmen was going on and on about how great they were. I pulled out my phone and showed him pictures of what I cooked on Friday night and Sat and asked him how he would have fit the 2 tins of Mac & Cheese and the tin of burnt ends on the Green Egg. He said it will all fit on the XXL which I said it might but for $5500 and over 400lbs, I don't expect you will be selling too many. also, let me know how 3 rectangle trays fit on a round grill. Don't get me wrong, I think the BGE cook great but the shape is way too impractical for what I cook. And I'm sure you would have to trim off some of the brisket for it to fit on the XL BGE.
Now, what to cook this wkd??? Pulled Pork, Baby back ribs, stuffed burgers, beef short ribs... decisions, decisions...
Have fun guys, I love this thread.

Cheers,
SS
The only reason I don't like the traiger is it only hits 450, for smoking it's as good as any but without grill plates it grills poorly, and it takes a big smoker to get a whole brisket on, they are over two feet long. Tons of people love their eggs too plus they have no trouble grilling a steak