View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Man, there are so many smells and odors out there in the real world that I think it unreasonable to expect one to be offensive yet another is acceptable. Some people don't like cigs. Others don't like curry. Some don't like campfire smoke. others don't like farm animals. Some hate the smell of diesel exhaust. Others hate the smell of fertilizer.

No matter what the smell is, somebody is going to complain. No point in telling someone to get over it because if they have an aversion to it, nothing is going to change that, but by the same token, I think most of us here "generally" think that in real world we just want to be left alone and not told what we have to do based on the opinions of others, and if you are getting angry at people over something as basic as smells, especially short duration odors, you are not as much a true conservative and/or libertarian as you profess to be.

Live and let live. Be as courteous and reasonable with others as one can be. Life is too short to make yourself miserable over things like this.
Smell has very little to do with it, it is just another one of the "anti-smokers" whine. I don't smoke either but the anti-smoker whine is more bothersome than the smoke.