View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Dont hear that about T3's much. Oversll they were pretty brutal on the recoil side. Total junk pad. T3x is much better.

I'd actually say that comparing equivalent cartridges above 270 the T3 was the worst by far for recoil. Short of the old Husky's etc. Browning, Weatherby, Remington and Winchester are much better at mitigating recoil.

Plus you move away from all the plastics. Bolt shroud, trigger guard, etc etc. T3x is much better value for the buck and at 850-925 a very decent buy.
Some of the lights are less than that, the varmints a fair bit more. Places like Cabela's list the varmints around $1350, but I got mine from a dealer for $100 less, and shipping included. If I have 1 criticism of the varmint, it has to be the protruding mag. I'd prefer one of the (almost) flush ones, but they sell for almost $90 plus tax. Good mags are expensive, I get that...but if these mags cost half as much, I'd still think they were too expensive. lol Mine functions perfectly, but I'm not crazy about it. Small gripe about an otherwise great rifle.