View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 05:19 PM

We were just kids when a buddy was in a car accident with his truck so he has a loaner, a Ford Explorer. He took it to a construction site for a little fun and hit a puddle. Made it 3/4 across before hevstoppee. Wasn't quite up the exhaust but was pure clay. Called me so I got off work and went down there in my truck. I can't remember why but for some reason I only had a 20' 5000lbs tow strap with me but figured that would be enough. We broke that strap twice before it was too short to hook up again. Didn't budge the explorer an inch. Around 7 the night security guard came along and made an offer, $50 andand he will start up the dozer, drive it over and pull it out. We happily agreed but as he was pulling it out we heard this insane pop sound and the front passenger tire went flat. We get around to changing it and there was a 3" hole on the inside of the aluminum rim from where something had got caught between the rotor. Never did figure out what caused that hole but figured that why I couldn't pull him out.