View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
While pushing through some alders on a grown over logging road in Saskatchewan, I woke up a sleeping Black Bear at about 6 or 8 feet under the ferns, a big barrel of a Black Bear.
I was hunting deer with a muzzleloader. Do I shoot him in the right eye or the left eye?
He was talking to me, and weaving his head back and forth. I talked quietly back.
I wondered if the gun would go off, and I never worry about misfiring.
After a minute or two, it seemed about forever, he decided to turn and amble off.
I have seen lots of Grizzlies and more Black bears, but this was the only time I was really scared by a bear.
A fellow I know that works for SRD told me a good one, hiking out after a day of working in the bush he got well ahead of his partner and decided to scare him. He hid behind a tree, eventually he heard his buddy coming down the trail so he waited until the last second, and jumped out with a loud "ROAR"... and instead found himself nose to nose with a ****ed off bear. Apparently it false charged him a couple times and eventually left.