View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 07:07 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Hmmm I just walked up and the the entire shoreline watching the surface while trying different lures, approaches etc and nailed easily 50 plus fish a day.
I bagged my gear on my back and snorkeled out to the reef which is about 1km out, once in the reef the water drops deep and if you catch a reef fish(silver/black XRap) take off the lure put on a large hook, run it lengthwise along the spine, cast the wounded fish out and hang on, I am no fish species experts but there are some large aggressive fish down there.
I look at cayo coco as an fishing/snorkling adventure that requires no guide...go to the buffet and ask for the chef/cook for frozen shrimp too, slip him a few bucks then every morning they will have your frozen bait ready to go, bait catches fish then the fish catch bigger fish...oh yeah and the cuda' solve the outside of the reef.
Now for fly fishing the fellas I seen in the early mornings were working the shorelines too with long black silver flies, right on the surface, bonefish are there just gotta watch the surface cause they hunts in schools...I targeted them with a small silver/blue spoon that was so light it was on or near the surface upon retrieval, cast well past them as they are spooky.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...