View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Watching the game yesterday, I don't think I have seen a faster player in my near 1/2 century. Mcdavid has the stuff, legends are made of. That line Mcdavid, Draisaitl, and Maroon. All big guys, strong, skilled, tough. Don't know if there will be a better line in NHL. Maroon smiling all the way to the Bank (he won the Lottery).
Yep. That line is so dangerous in such a variety of ways. Their deep cycle game is fantastic. Seen many times last year that line absolutely hem in a team in for lengthy periods of time, creating grade A chance after grade A chance, and the line is built perfectly for it. Maroon just muscles and bullies guys around, gets in front, causes problems, but is still able to smartly cycle the puck while doing so, and knows to keep his stick on the ice. McDavid is McDavid, and just about any style of hockey he plays, he's going to run with it. He can free wheel around, find open ice, pick guys pockets, win puck battles along the boards, thread needles with his passes, shoot as good as anyone, he'll do it all. And Draisaitl is sort of a mix between the two of them. Big strong frame and can muscle guys around, wreak havoc down low, but will also free wheel, make stellar passes, and has a pretty nifty back hand. This was all well documented in the Calgary game on the first goal.

Then of course McDavid will burn you with his pure speed. This, of course, was extremely well documented on the second goal.

As well, as seen all the time last year, they're also great at end-end rushes. Maroon has decent finish, Drai has great finish and overall on-ice chemistry with McDavid. Lots of tap in goals received by Maroon and Drai last season. This year though, I think McDavid going to be shooting the biscuit just a little more...