View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
We watched a different game,
We watched the same game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
You must not have seen the shots on goal count (45-26) or face off wins last night.
Not even McDavid can win with a crappy team behind him.
No doubt he is by far the best player I've ever seen (including those you mentioned) but Draisaitl assisted on two of his three goals.
Calgary wasn't playing bad. They just lost to a better team.
I do agree that Kassian kinda sucked in the fight though.
I didn't say the Oilers were a 'crappy team'. Far from it. I said they didn't dominate 'every aspect of the game' as was suggested. McDavid dominated. That's why they won. He is just that good. Take him out of the equation, and I see two teams that are actually fairly evenly matched, with the goaltending nod going to Talbot (though I think Smith played a good game last night), the Flames D is better, and the forwards match up pretty evenly for the most part. The Flames lost to a team with the most dominant, skilled, outrageous player in the world, but to say that the whole team is better? The score actually doesn't reflect that, as only McDavid scored. Shots on goal only mean anything if they go in. Stats are wonderful things that don't prove much. Last year teams that won the most face offs lost the most games. Look it up.

Take McDavid off the ice, and Flames top line might actually have gotten some shots on goal, instead of running around in their own zone like headless chickens, and those numbers change. The Flames might still have lost too. Or the Oilers. The only thing for sure is there are very few players that have the ability to change a game by themselves like McD does.

McDavid had a good win, with all those other guys he plays with.

Kassian's face dominated Tanner Glass's fist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Actually the whole oiler team played great. Much better than flames as a whole.
I know you believe that, and I still like you anyway.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 10-05-2017 at 05:40 PM.