View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 02:43 PM

Pretty much any body of water, with pike, walleye, trout, lake whitefish etc. Toss big streamers for pike, heavy streamers for walleye (gotta get down deep, depending on depth, I pretty much let it sink to the bottom then, 4” strip, pause a couple Seconds, 4” strip, keep in mind, it is not as fast and exiting as pike, but a challenge no less) Trout, might want to go to a lighter leader and tippet, I’m rockin a whatever size leader (mono, to help absorb shock) to 25 lb Seagar fluorocarbon, to the smallest swivels and rio pike bite the lighter the better, on the TFO 10 wt Essox have I’ve landed suckers, walleye, pike, big browns (by accident) lake whites (indicator, 4-6‘ below, bead head wire worm) but my two main quarry with that particular rod is pike and walleye. Barry mitchels guide and a central Alberta backroads MacBook are essential imo, as far as specific bodies of water up there, there’s lots you can fish up there, that is the way I’d did years ago before the internet was what is today, I find the pike hammer a lot harder up north compared to down south here where I’m at, gonna go to Keho right now, don’t expect many to spill the beans on particular bodies of water though.
Hope that helps
CS