View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Good call Caber, this thread needed a bump.

That homemade sign sounds neat too. I always like looking at projects built in unconventional ways with what people had. Wondering what they were thinking about while building that particular project.
My Dad has a large drawer unit in his garage that my Grandpa built out of the same painted construction company signs, though on that unit you have to pull the drawers out and look inside it to reveal any lettering. Its about 5 1/2' wide and 40" or so tall. The drawers are in around 6 or 7 columns of 5 or 6 drawers of varying depth which increases for each descending row. 1/3 of the drawers have cut down waxed paper milk cartons for parts organizers, the more shallow higher drawers for smaller parts are lined with flip-top Rothmans cigarette packages with the flip-tops cut off. Its a combination of a reminder that I come from a well-established line of handymen as well as a reminder of why Grandpa died when I was 13.......