Thread: Crossbow
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakal View Post
I'm currently in the process to try and get my crossbow license. See the doc on Monday. torn tendons and blown rotator cuffs in both shoulders. Hopefully i qualify. Ive been looking Hard at the Ravin Crossbows. Yes they are insanely expensive, but man they seem to perform amazing.

What is the talk about what if something goes wrong? I keep really good care of my Hoyt and every other bow Ive owned. Never ever had a mechanical failure. Are crossbows known for mechanical failure? Do they have regular issues? Or are we talking about neglect like dropping etc? this would help me on my decision for brand choice.

I was all over the Excalibur assassin until I found the Ravin brand. I like how compact it is and the adjustable scope is sweet. If you change anything in your arrow set up that changes speed its easily managed thru a dial on the scope. Having a built in crank and all the goodies mounted and under 9lbs seems good for a guy with bad shoulders. And it sure looks like it would fit thru the bush much better than most units out there. Heck the hard box that can be ordered for them would easily fit on the front rack of my quad and not stick over anywhere.

Don't hold your breath...