Thread: Eskimo 6120I
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 07:03 AM

We use a 6120i and do overnights in it. Imo it is the best tent for overnight trips due to its layout, heat holding ability and ability to stand up to wind.

Imo you don't need a floor, just use cots and get 4 of those foam kid mats. One cot each side of tent and the 4 mats up the middle. Drill up to 2 holes on the opposite side of cot and you are set. Gives you an area to stand without boots on and keeps the ice/snow from melting in front of the heater. Cot with a camping pad and sleeping bag will keep you plenty warm even in -30 or colder, we use a sunflower heater in ours and never turn it up over low on one burner.

The only thing I don't like about the 6120i is the small doors. I am only 5'10 170 lbs and it can still be annoying to try and get in and out of, I imagine big guys would have trouble getting in and out.

The quickfish 5 insulated is a really nice looking tent too. Not the proper shape for doing an overnight with 2 people but a great shape for 2 or 3 people out fishing for a day, has bigger doors too, I would consider it over the 6120i if I wasn't planning on doing overnight trips.