View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 07:19 AM

Why cant an arrow kill an animal at long range? A hunting arrow with razor blades on the front end doesnt really need much speed to get the job done. Whats really needed is shot placement. I find it funny how theres so many guys that preech that they wont shoot over 30 or 40 yards max, come on now my top pin is set a 40 yards. I remember when I got my first bow and started practicing out to 50 yards and I used to think that was along ways. But when you start practicing out to 100 yards then 50 becomes very easy. This year my practice sessions involved shooting all the way back to 100 yards in a multitude of situations and even though I dont think I would shoot at an animal at 100 yards I would sure do 80 yards no problem, unless its really windy out. Next year I am going to bump it back to 120 and see how 100 yards looks after I get used to that.
If you have the right gear and its tuned properly and you have practiced enough none of this should be a problem.
For all of you that post thats its unethical and bash anyone who actually has the skill and talent to take a longger shot, practice more!