View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Do you really think that the political parties care how many people vote? As long as Trudeau or Notley win, they could care less if 50% of eligible voters vote, or if 10% of eligible voters vote. By not voting, you are sending the message that you don't care how our country is run, or who is running it. If people don't care, then why would anyone make any changes to the system? Then end result, is that there would never be any change, unless of course, as I posted earlier, the number of voters gets so low that a radical group manages to get elected, and changes our laws to the point where we may lose the right to vote altogether.
People have lambasted me over the years for not voting.

What does voting solve? Yeah, different party, same crap and people are happy with that. Erin O'toole steps onto the forum, buys some votes - and that's all people see is the stance on firearms. Did the same with Harper - Harper good, he likes guns - but ignore how the man ripped the country apart. The saddest part is, many Canadians are too ignorant to read and research anymore.

I don't care who is running the country or provinces - they are all the same and in it for themselves. That's what it boils down to - my vote will not make a difference - neither will yours, that's the sad reality.

When Canadians decide to get off their collective keisters, make some noise and actually exact change? i'll be long dead if i hold my breath. We basically live in a dictatorship - we do what we are told. We live by someone else's whim. That's our reality.

Freedom and "free will" are illusions.