View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitumen Bullet View Post
Keep voting as we are and we will all know. Maybe we should stop voting for our own execution, of course that wouldn't be patriotic. To me that's idiotic.

Voting is telling everyone you agree with the choices you were presented with. You might have held your nose, but you are telling everyone it is acceptable. Even as each election moves you further from where you think we should be going and closer to sharia law.

Voting, and continuing to vote is giving the system legitimacy it is using against your interests. Not voting removes that legitimacy.

Not voting requires the system, those winning under the current system to dismiss such actions as lazy, consequences should include no representation for those people, not allow any opinion, explanation or input from those obviously ignorant, uneducated, lazy welfare bums.

That will be suggested even when it is obviously in the interest of welfare bums, those getting more from government than they give, those with special status due to race, language, ethnicity or religion to vote and vote often. And I would suggest the results of our elections shows those groups are getting out and voting.

Or most are voting while they hold their nose.

Those people who vote Lesser Evil just so they can say they voted are voting against their own interest. I don't know how many they are but it would be far better for them to check None of the Above or not vote at all.

Our systems cannot work for people when people vote against their own short and long term interest.

Don't like your choices? Don't vote!

Sure it is going to end up with you being ruled by someone not representing your interests, but that is already happening, and you are telling them it is OK when you vote and support the choices they gave you, at least tell them it isn't OK.
Do you really think that the political parties care how many people vote? As long as Trudeau or Notley win, they could care less if 50% of eligible voters vote, or if 10% of eligible voters vote. By not voting, you are sending the message that you don't care how our country is run, or who is running it. If people don't care, then why would anyone make any changes to the system? Then end result, is that there would never be any change, unless of course, as I posted earlier, the number of voters gets so low that a radical group manages to get elected, and changes our laws to the point where we may lose the right to vote altogether.