View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonDistribution View Post
Good Day all ... Kyle, we understand your frustration as well as your clients frustration with regards to the Elk Antlers, and Yes when your client and I spoke initially we did give your client some incorrect information due to the damages and what we thought at the time we would be able to recover for him. We haven't had a damaged shipment for some time, we must have shipped a thousand shipments without damages and we should have done a little homework prior to the conversation with the client, my fault and I take full responsibility, our deepest apologies ... the end result, without boring everybody is this!

We asked your client to take the antlers to his regular Taxidermist and provide us with a quotation to fix the antlers, we received a couple of estimates here in Canada from well respected taxidermists, his Taxidermist came in 30% more .. which is OK, we sent a check to cover the quotation. The client was planning on a shoulder mount Elk, therefore, once the mount is completed ... the only people who would have known of the disaster would have been, the Taxidermist, the client .. myself and now all of you.

We have total confidence the client's taxidermist will repair the antlers back to original form, according to experts in the field, it would have been a fairly easy fix.

Now as for the damages, one of the fork lift Drivers placed a 2,000 Lb package on top of our crate when the shipment was in route to the customer ... the carrier in question has delivered over 500 crates in the past 10 months without incident. As for Kyle and his customer, were sorry for the inconvenience,we know the importance of these shipments and we do our very best to transport them in a safe and timely manner, if anybody has questions and/or problems with our services, please feel free to e-mail us anytime, we are pretty easy to find and we will reply as quickly as we can.
Sincerely,

Dale Warren
President of Talon Distribution Ltd
Dale,

I do appreciate your professional comment and maybe I'm at fault here for not contacting you directly; but from talking with my client it seems that communication was going no where.

The questions that I have are as follows and maybe you can comment on them.

1) Why did you not follow through with your initial commitment as the client seemed to be satisfied with your proposed resolution of refunding the cost of shipping, cost of crate, and cost of repair?
2) The client payed an increased cost of shipping for an intact skull to be delivered to him; he did not receive an intact skull. What was the increased price he payed for?

Thank you.