View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
One of my favourite tidbits from that pile of tripe:
replace the registration certificate with an inscription certificate. You can appreciate that the terms "registration" and "registered" have been used so often that we simply thought that using the term "inscription" would eliminate some anxiety. I think that using the term inscription does not evoke feelings of fear;
Does she really think we care what it is called??? ARG
I suspect that this language is proposed in order to align with the requirement of the UN Small Arms Treaty for additional identification information to be stamped or 'inscribed' on every firearm, and also for keeping a current 'record' (registry) of all 'small arms', including all markings, serial numbers or inscriptions.

The CPC has refused to ratify this treaty, so it currently has no effect in Canada, but we can be sure that ratification will happen quickly if the LPC or the NDP form government.

IMHO this October may be the most important election in history for all those who believe in citizen ownership, possession and use of firearms. I am not a big fan of SH or the CPC, but the fact is that if any other party forms government we can say goodbye to shooting and hello to complete citizen disarmament (and possible future democide). I will be holding my nose for the 15 seconds it will take to vote for the SH CPC, and against the LPC & NDP & GPC (all of whom are antis & gun grabbers).

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
Good Luck, YMMV.