View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=Pathfinder76;4711455][QUOTE=Smoky buck;4711452]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post

Who is going to pay for it? Where are you going to do it? Who runs it? Again. When we get to that stage hunting will have become the European model here.
As I said a yearly proficiency test like many European countries I don’t agree with

Adding a small amount of shooting to hunters ED a lot of new hunters that are not from a hunting family and don’t have a mentor would benefit from it and appreciate it. There is a big increase in this kind of new hunters and have heard them say many times they wish there was more to the course that could help prepare them.

Sadly there is no other way to handle increased cost is add it to the course fee’s. Really without truly breaking it down any cost increase amounts would be just speculation but it likely wouldn’t be overly crazy to have a range day.

I would bet a lot of the present instructors would be capable with some shooting basics. A good portion are already pal instructors and have firearms experience. The real question is if they would be willing and the only way to know that is if they are consulted on the issue

As much as I see this as beneficial to some new hunters I also don’t think it would make a big change to people making poor choices. I also see complications because there is as I stated a lot of hunters who are archery only

I am just open minded enough to see there is benefit to making new hunters more prepared but I also view the real problem as idiots who make poor choices