View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw outdoors View Post
Figured I would post this under hunting as it has to do with an old hunting partner and some hunting gear as well that old partner is a member here but I’m not sure his user name.

So let’s let the story begin. After archery season a buddy / hunting partner of mine calls me up and he is a talker so on and on he went how busy he has been and how his wife divorced him and how he had to sell all his hunting stuff. Well in the end he wanted me to lend him some hunting stuff as he is broke and needs meat for himself this winter. On the day he called he started asking for a spair rifle with a scope my Swarovski EL range , Swarovski spotter / tripod, Leica rangefinder and my magnetic Speed chronograph. As long as I have known him he has always wanted to use the best gear but when your borrowing things you should apreasiate if somody can help in any way. Well I want to keen on lending him my daughters rifle as it a very nice and pricy setup, that she has never even shot yet, as well he is very hard on gear and most things he uses look like he’ll in a short time. So I told him I could lend my Leica rangefinder and that would work for both ranging and spotting. He presited on that he needed my Binos as well, but he could live without the spotter and tripod. Let me say he phoned and text almost daily until I final agreed to lend him some stuff. So he found a rifle and that made me more at ease because he wouldn’t need my daughters. Although now he needed a scope as well as rangefinder and chronograph. I hade a couple scopes but he insisted it must have 1/4 Moa turrets well the only extra I hade with that was a new in box nightforce 3.5-15x50 nsx moar that just had a new set of NF rings as well as a nightforce ringtop level with sniper design co-sign indicators attached. Well like a idiot I lent him the scope the Leica rangefinder and my magneto speed. He needed it in an urgent matter but wanted me to pay shipping. That wansnt going to happen to I had my lovely neighbours that travel to Medicine Hat all the time hand deliver it to him. So hunting season goes on he shoots an antelope and deer season comes and goes and I hear nothing. I text him in November after season hey man season is over I need my stuff. No answer, few days later says he was busy didn’t get around to getting it packed up. December comes and goes he is still to busy. January comes at this point I am getting quite annoyed but I was traveling past his place and was willing to pick it up. Traveld past to get to sask no answer to my calls, get to sask he calls says if I get around to getting the stuff from storage he will have it for me when I go back. On my way back I call hey I’m three hours away I would like my stuff, no answer later that night he texts sorry I forgot all about it. At this point I am very frustrated I call his parents and Stur things up on that end a bit he answers my call after his dad talked to him. Anoghther hour long bla bla bla call on how busy he is how he is broke how he hasn’t had time. February same story. Now March he has block my calls won’t answer my texts. Call his mom she puts up a wall and makes all the same excuses for him but said she would call him and get back to me. 24 hours later still no reply from his parents I call them back she goes on this huge rant about how she didn’t like my tone on the last call and hangs up on me. Well now I am here today it a few days after that call to his parents with no answer what so ever from anybody. Check his Facebook he has been out at the tigers game in Med hat he has been out driving the new truck he bought. At this point I have no idea what to do there are a few options but what the hell does I guy do? I know he is in here I know guys he hunted with this season are on here. Has anyone ever had anything like this happen? I can’t afford to have $4000 of gear disappear.
this whole story sounds like B.S or you were born at nite , more specificly last nite