View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
So all your talk about how more efficient 6.5CM is beyond 600 yards is a moot point. From muzzle to 600 yards even the poor bc 30 cal bullets launched from a 308 win have more energy and more muzzle velocity. 270 win and 3006 both beat the 308. Just about every popular hunting cartridge beats the 308 for energy and velocity. Except 6.5 CM and 243 win.

You are clearly swayed by being recoil sensitive and that is fine for you. If someone wants a: Short action
Capable of a wide variety of hunting, coyote to moose out to 600yds max.
Low recoil
Long barrel life because I plan on putting a pile of lead through the pipe.
Cheap ammo.

Get a recoil pad for your shoulder. 308 win beats it on every point other than recoil. And recoil is a direct result if putting energy into a projectile. A larger caliber allows for faster powders burning in the barrel resulting in more energy going down range.

You have argued for an uncountable number of posts on multiple threads about how happy you are with your 600 yards to 1000 yards performance of the 6.5CM and it is all BS. Everyone agrees that the hornady eld-x 143 grain 6.5 bullet takes the lead past 600 yards. Everyone else agrees that both the 308 win and the 6.5CM have run out of hunting energy and velocity also at 600 yards. 6.5CM is nothing but a paper puncher past 600 yards or a recoil sensitive handicap if 308 is too much to handle. It has slightly lower muzzle volicities and smaller lighter bullets. Get yourself a pink rifle and be done with the comparison.
You've read all my posts and STILL DONT GET IT????

A 308 was a good cartridge, the 6.5 Creedmoor is better, you're just too old to accept it. There are a couple old people on the forum who still are too intimidated with change that will side with you, but the majority still have the capability of having an open mind willing to accept facts.

Pick up one quote of mine where I boast about the hunting virtues of a Creedmoor between 600yds and 1000yds. One of us is full of chit, I'm saying it's you, pull a quote from any of my posts that says different, there are definetly enough to choose from. At 600yds the Creedmoor starts pulling ahead of the 308. The 308 bullet slows down faster because of its shape, there is no arguing there.

Even Salavee agrees the 6.5 Creedmoor is capable out to 300yds, why use a 308 when the 6.5 will do the job? Oh ya, because it worked for your dad and his dad, new technology is too scary to chance.

I don't care what color of rifle you figure I should shoot, I don't have to pound my shoulder with recoil to prove to you or anyone else I'm a man. I don't have any insecurities of my masculinity, no need for me to over compensate with a big gun to hide behind.

Blah blah blah 308 is the best. Blah blah blah I can handle the recoil of a 308 so I'm tough.

I'll guarantee you if we were to sit at the bench with the big guns when I'm reaching for another box of ammo you'll be reaching for a bag of ice for your shoulder. Having a choice in what you want to shoot has nothing to do with what you can handle.

0-600yds there isn't an animal in North America that a 308 can kill that a 6.5 Creedmoor can't. After 600yds the performance of the 6.5 Creedmoor starts to outshine the 308. That is, and always has been my point. Nothing more.