View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
Agreed, not worth the risk.
And THAT is exactly the cowardly and defeatist attitude that keeps not only CDNS ,but all "free" citizens oppressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
There was nothing proven in the post you cut and pasted except what the lawyer said in the last paragraph - shooting a restricted firearm on your property in an jnsporov d range COULD land you in court and IF you win it is going to cost you money .
If someone is so sure about it they should go ahead and do it and see where the results gets them and report back
Cat
I didn't say anything was "proven".
I said "I toad a so"(Trailer Park Ricky quote)in reference to lawyers answer that you WILL NOT FIND permission to shoot at home written in black and white,rather it is a legal interpretation of many regs,and fwiw,you also WILL NOT FIND it written in black & white that it is illegal,nor that a CFO approved range is the ONLY place that you can legally shoot....despite what countless "experts" contributing to this might post and repost,the wording simply does not exist in the law.....I repeat,THERE IS NO LAW THAT PROHIBITS SHOOTING RESTRICTED FIREARMS AT ANY PLACE OTHER THEN CFO RANGE.....rather instead,there are laws that govern where one might TRANSPORT their restricted firearm for authorized purposes.
The ENTIRE ARGUMENT is if you do not TRANSPORT your restricted,then you haven't broken any laws,because again,there is nothing to define nor prohibit locations where one might actually discharge a restricted firearm.......and after 8 pages if internet lawyer nonsense,not a single person has been able to post any evidence to the contrary.....and AGAIN....save your breath posting Sections 19,28,or any other TRANSPIRT regs,they simply are irrelevant and non-applicable as the scenario of discharge at home negates any kind of TRANSPORT regulations compliance.

There's a very simple solution to end the debate once and for all for those that are so adamantly certain that one can ONLY discharge a restricted at a CFO range AND/OR that all other locations are prohibited.....post the relevant section of the Act...simple,yes?
Tell ya what....hint;I'll save you a metric tonne of dry and boring legalese reading,in fact,one of the few LAWYERS in Canada that SPECIALIZES IN FIREARMS LAW has already saved you a ton of reading....NO SUCH REGS EXIST!!

Last edited by West O'5; 03-21-2017 at 08:08 AM.