View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 05:37 PM

Default Tundra 550 problems?

I started partnering on a line in the Swan Hills this year and just bought the first sled I've owned since I was a teenager. I was able to find a Tundra 550 with less than 500 miles on it for a good price. I like the power and how it handles steep climbs and deep snow, being a Tundra I figured it would be bullet proof. I had it out in -25 this week and it was acting up on me a bit. The RER was being finicky and once in awhile my gauges would start acting crazy, usually at an idle. I started poking around under the hood and everything seemed a lot more complicated than the borrowed Bravo I've been using. I got worried and headed for home, once it warms up I will see if the problems persist.

So who has run one of these sleds for any amount of time and how did they work for you? To be honest, after contemplating the possibility of a long walk in this week's weather I'm almost tempted to just sell it and go back to wrestling with a Bravo.

Last edited by Bushleague; 01-11-2018 at 05:44 PM.